Friday, August 29, 2008

Two Strikes And a Double

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

UfO Hefewiezen
Looks Like miller, for an unfiltered beer I couldn't see any cloudiness at all, taste kinda like a hefe, has a wheat smell to it.
That said its smooth but I just didn't like it
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Widmer Hefewiezen
Not bad but nothing stands out, not much of a nose to it. Orangish color and it is cloudy, hints of orange and wheat in the flavor. better than the UfO.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


Shiner Hefewiezen
Its Shiner, the Spoetzl Brewery has yet to brew a bad beer in my opinion. Shiner is a great beer. It is by no means the best of the best, not even top 10. Not the best beers I have ever had either, but definitely my favorite brand.
The Hefe is no exception, its smooth and has a nice wheat flavor with hints of citrus. Not much head on this beer, but its smooth and has a nice unfiltered cloud in the color. Smells like a hefe should, and its very refreshing.
a Solid
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

senojsitruc said...

Its probably too pedestrian for you, but, a wine blog would be of much greater interest to me. Beer smells like ... well it just doesn't smell like something I would want to drink. *shivers*

senojsitruc said...

I ordered the TZ5, as per your recommendation. Plus a spare battery and a 16GB memory card. I didn't know they made them that large. Anyway, it looks like a great camera. The 10x optical zoom will be awesome.

I've got a wedding to go to in early October which'll give me a chance to try out the camera, and then its first real use will be mid-October when I go to the Grand Canyon for "the death march".

senojsitruc said...

So, have you stopped drinking beer or just stopped writing about it?

kristenly said...

he hasn't stopped drinking it. :-)

senojsitruc said...

That would definitely have concerned me a lot more [if he had stopped drinking]. Good to know. :-)